Black belt mind mapping: master mastermindmaps in 7 steps.
- A text is linear, a mind map radial.
- A text is a rectangular block of words, a mind map is a round, treelike, organic structure. The brain loves round, organics structures. The neurones in the brain form a mind map like structure.
- Use one word per branch. A lot of mind maps on the Internet use complete sentences on one branch. That takes you (and your brain) back to a ‘normal” text. Use smart words, that triggers your brain.
- Decide in what thinking mode you want to use the mind map, e.g. converging to a solution or diverging in as much possibilities as possible.
- Visualise. A picture tells more than a thousand words. This mind map contains eight pictures.
- Structure your mind map. By using smart colours (in this mind the branches are logically coloured according to the judo belt colours. In other cases you can try to colour the mind map in accordance with the six thinking hats of De Bono. Structuring is also done by using a clever ordering concept of the keywords. A useful concept for beginners is to think of the mind map as a book. The first (main) branches are the chapters of a book. Whatever you do take the logic of your brain as starting point.
- A black belt mind mapper integrates all previous six techniques to make mastermindmaps.
hans, giustamente, tiene a precisare che
(...) If you can’t draw a decent mindmap on paper, don’t think you can make a good one on a computer. If you use software that produces mind maps with straight lines and rigid boxes with no shape, images or colour, you are defeating the object of mind mapping. Your mindmap becomes the equivalent of a black pen list on A4 lined paper.
Mind mapping is much more powerful when you use brain stimulating tools like curves, images, and colours. All more natural choices when you create hand-drawn mindmaps. Practice this first on paper before switching to software that produces the same level of organic and brain boosting features.(...)
si è mostrato molto interessato al concetto di sinsemia
e alle mappe ritrovate in un codice della fine del 1200
probabilmente ora hans potrà arricchire la sua mappa
aggiungendo un nuovo ramo e forse ne parlerà anche
nel suo libro che sarà pubblicato a febbraio
il viaggio continua... :)